Library plans to integrate the latest technology and adopt user friendly approach towards students and faculty. Library intends to offer comprehensive services related to dissemination of knowledge. Theem College of Engineering Provides high quality Infrastructure with quality education across Palghar disstrict
Library serves as a resource center and aims to develop a comprehensive collection of document’s useful for faculty and students of the institute and provides an efficient dissemination of knowledge. The primary mission of library is to support the educational and research programme of the institute. The secondary mission is, to serve as a resource center for the scholars and scientific community of the country. The ultimate mission of the library is to facilitate creation of new knowledge through organization and dissemination of knowledge and resources. Our college envisages the library in the next 10 years to be one of the most state-of-the-art libraries with largest collection of largest number of engineering and research titles in the book and digital form.
To serve the academic needs of all students and faculty members. As a center for collection of books and Journals of all related subjects to develop a comprehensive collection of information required for teaching and reference purpose. To acquire, organize Information resources to meet the present and future needs of its users.
The college Central Library is determined to continue to maintain the excellent standards by implementing the following objectives in the future.
- Open access library system to be introduced.
- Number of books issued to students to be increased.
- Inclusion of more print and online journals.
- Additional library staff for more efficient library service.
- Reprographic facility.
- More computer terminals to be introduced.
- Installation of RFID System.
- Inclusion of E-books in library.
Central Library occupies a place of pride in Theem College of Engineering and is an essential component of the institute’s outstanding research and education mission. It is a most lively place on the campus providing a comfortable and friendly environment that enables learning and advancement of knowledge and promotes discovery and scholarship.
The Central Library of Theem College of Engineering is a treasure house of knowledge comprises ever growing collection of around 20000 books, journals and non-book material covering the principle fields of interest in engineering and related subjects like Electronics, Electronics & Telecommunication, Electrical, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical, Civil, and Automobile etc. The library has a good collection of Detailed Project reports, bound volumes of journals, research articles manuscripts, Rare Books.
It has a separate collection of audiovisual material and Reference Books. The Library has an online journal Portal for Open Source Journals. A separate collection of more than 1778 CD’s, Floppies and DVDs covering a vast range of subjects like Software, Communication Skills, Management skills, Personal Management, Quantitative Aptitude Test, Aptitude test GATE, GRE, GMAT, TOEFL. It has also maintained University syllabus, Previous Year question papers/Question Banks, Old Project Reports list, Manuals, Handbooks and Newspapers Clippings are also available in library. All these valuable resources are well organized in the 12000 Sq. Ft. areas, where more than 460 users can sit at a time and they are monitored by CCTV Cameras.
Theem COE central Library has set up digital Library with over 25 computers working in a networked environment through connectivity provided by 50 Mbps High Bandwidth Leased Line. The Online full text databases like, J-Gate E-Journals, Delnet ProQuest Engineering & Technology collection , ASTM Digital library , In addition, facilities like Web OPAC, NPTEL online lectures and digital books database, QR Technology also accessible to the users.
Library services are automated using SOUL software, OPAC and Webopac are available for users to search the status of library material. Barcode Technology has been implemented for library transactions.
Computers with multimedia facilities and Internet facilities are available during the Library working Hours to students and staff. Library’s collection and its services reflect not only the syllabus requirement but also the present and new trends of area of interest.
Central Library Rules & Regulations
- The library will remain open between 9.00a.m to 6.00p.m on all working days.
- Issue of books will be 10.00a.m to 5.00p.m.
- While entering the library you must show your college Identity card to the library staff.
- Students are supposed to keep their bags; personal reading material and other belongings baggage counter in the library. THE LIBRARY STAFF IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OR DAMAGE OF THE STUDENTS BELONGINGS.
- Students are requested to keep the books/magazines or any other material used in their respective places after use.
- Reference Books/Periodicals or any other reference material will be issued only on production of a valid I-card for use within library premises only.
- Books once issued will not be returned in the same day.
- Each student can borrow 3 books on one card for a period of 07 days.
- A book issued can be renewed on or before the due date, “Once” for a period of 07 more days only.
- A Late fine of Rs.2 will charged per book per day.
- No books will be issued once the due date crosses 15 days.
- Students should inspect the condition of the book before borrowing it and inform the Librarian about the missing or torn pages if any. The concerned student will be held responsible for the same. Later at the time of returning the book.
- Any Library material is taken out of the library for photocopying will have to be returned within an hour. Necessary action will be taken against the defaulters.
- If a book is lost, the concerned person has to replace the lost book with a new book, as well as pay the fine.
- Please maintain silence in the library.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited. If any user is found talking on the phone strict action will be taken against that person.
- Periodicals / Newspapers and CDs are not issued outside the library to any student and Faculty.
- Reference Books and Library copies will not be issued to any student and Faculty.
- Anybody found stealing Books and Magazines from the Library shall be expelled from the library services.
- No remarks, note, underlining or any sort of Disfigurement in the books is not allowed, otherwise they will have to replace the book.
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.