Eligibility and Admission Rules
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Duration: 3 yrs
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the three year integrated course leading to the degree of Bachelor of Arts must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) examination conducted by the different Divisional Boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education with the following subjects :-
- Any one of the Modern Indian Languages or Modern Foreign Languages or any classical Language or Information Technology.
- Any four subjects carrying 100 marks each.
- Must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) examination with vocational subject conducted by the different Divisional Boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education with the following subjects:-
- Any one vocational subject carrying 200 marks prescribed by the Board from time to time.
- Any three subjects carrying 100 marks each.
- Must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) examination with the Minimum Competency based vocational courses conducted by the different Divisional Boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education with the following subjects :-
- Any one of the Modern Indian Languages or Modern Foreign Languages or Classical Language or Information Technology
- General Foundation Course.
- Any one subject carrying 300 marks from among the Minimum Competency based vocational courses prescribed by the Higher Secondary School Certificate examination from time to time.
Subjects Offered in B A:
In the First Year of the B.A following subject are offered to the applicants:
- Communication Skill in English
- Language (any one) : Marathi /Hindi
- Foundation Course-I
Any three subjects from group.
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
Duration: 3 yrs
- A candidate for being eligible for admission to the three year degree course leading to the Bachelor of Commerce must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) examination conducted by the different Divisional Boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- Must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) examination with vocational subjects/ minimum competency based vocational course conducted by the different Divisional Boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- Must have passed and examination of another University or Body recognized as equivalent to Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) Examination.
Subjects Offered in B Com:
In the First Year of the B.Com following subjects are offered to the applicants:
- Foundation Course-I
- Business Economics-I
- Accountancy and Financial Management-I
- Business Communication
- Environmental Studies
- Mathematics and Statistical Techniques
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
Duration: 3 yrs
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the three years integrated programme leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (Std. XII) conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, in the following subjects:
- English (Higher or lower level) carrying 100 marks.
- Any one of the modern Indian languages or modern foreign languages or any classical language (Higher level or Lower level) or information Technology carrying 100 marks.
- Four other subjects from among the subjects mentioned below carrying a total of 400 marks.
- Three other subjects from among the subjects mentioned below carrying a total 300 marks and one more subject from among the remaining optional subjects carrying 100 marks as prescribed for the H.S.C. (Std. XII) examination.
- Must have passed an examination of another university or body or board recognized as equivalent to the H.S.C. (Std. XII) examination conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
Subjects Offered in B Sc:
In the First Year of the B. Sc following subjects are offered to the applicants:
- Compulsory Subject:
- Optional Subjects:
(Choose any one group)
- Online filling of Pre-admission form on university portal
- Submission of Rs.100/- towards registration of pre-admission form either at cash counter or through online payment gateway.
- Online display of the Merit list as per the schedule prescribed by the University of Mumbai.
- Collection of Blank admission form as per the merit list by providing pre-admission form cash payment receipt
- Filling of admission forms and attaching all the necessary documents required
- Document verification by non-teaching staff.
- ID number Generation on the college counter
Payment of fees on counter or through online mode
General Admission Rules
- The right of admission to any class is reserved by the Principal of the College.
- A student seeking admission to this college shall present himself /herself along with his/her parents / guardians with an application form duty filled in and signed by his /her parents / guardians.
- All admission shall be valid only for one academic year and students are required to take admission in the prescribed form for every subsequent year.
- A Student once admitted will be continued as duly admitted for the academic year unless he/she informs the principal in writing of his intention to leave the College at least a week before the commencement of the Second Term.
- Student who desire to change their subject can do it within ten days from the commencement of the College with a written permission of the Principal.
- Repeaters are not eligible for admission to the same class.
- All students have to abide by Mumbai University’s ordinances regarding regular attendance and satisfactory academic progress. Minimum 75% attendance for each term separately is necessary in order to be eligible for getting the terms granted.
- Eligibility-Cum-Enrolment of students from another University shall not be admitted to any Institution maintained by or affiliated to the University of Mumbai except on production of a provisional statement of eligibility issued by the Registrar.
For Open Category
- Print-out of duly filled in online pre enrolment form submitted on University Website.
- Duly filled in admission form and Information Form/s.
- Original HSC Mark sheet with three attested photo copies.
- One attested photocopy of SSC Mark sheet and Passing Certificate.
- Duly filled in Provisional eligibility form (for learners belonging to Divisional Board other than Mumbai/ other state)
- Migration certificate (for learners belonging to Divisional Board other than Mumbai/other state )
- Two passport size latest colour photographs of the learner.
For Reserved Category
- Print-out of duly filled in online pre enrolment form submitted on University Website.
- Attested copy of the Caste Certificate issued by Govt. of Maharashtra.
- Attested copy of all mark sheets.
- Income Certificate for the concerned accounting year issued by Tehsildar.
- Ration Card photo copy.
- Non creamy layer certificate ( for learners belonging to NT/OBC/SBC ) one attested copy
- Duly filled in Provisional eligibility form ( for learners belonging to Divisional Board other than Mumbai/other state )
- Migration certificate ( for learners belonging to Divisional Board other than Mumbai/other state )
Two passport size latest colour photographs of the learner.
Admission Cancellation: Period and Percentage of Deduction Charges:
Prior to commencement of academic term and instruction of the programme
500/- lump sum
Upto 20 days after the commencement of academic academic term of the programme
20% of the total amount of fees
From 21 day upto 50 days after commencement of the academic term of the programme
30% of the total amount fees
From 51 day upto 80 days after the commencement of academic term of the programme or August 31st whichever is earlier.
50% of the total amount of fees
From September 1st to September 30th.
60% of the total amount of fees
After September 30th (*Subject to change as per the University of Mumbai circular for the academic year 2020-21)
100% of the total amount of fees
- Students are requested to note that their tutorial and examinations will be conducted according to the schedule for tests and examination and they are expected to show satisfactory performance as per the rules, falling which their term or terms may not be granted.
- Every student must take his/her identity Card after admission. The procedure or obtaining the identity Card will be put up on the Notice board. The Students must always carry his/her identity Card with his/her photograph affixed thereon and attested by Principal and must present it for inspection when demanded. No student will be allowed to attend Classes, Practicals, etc. without Identity Card.
- Student must attend Lectures, Practicals, Tutorials and Seminar according to the Time-Table on all working days of the College. Students must not remain absent for lectures, Practicals, Tutorials, Seminars and Examination without the prior permission of the Principal. Absence without prior permission may lead to loss of term, since, to keep a term a student has to complete to the satisfaction of the Principal the course of study prescribed for the term of the class to which he/she belongs.
- In case of illness, a student must apply for the leave by post or email as soon as possible with a Doctors’s certificate attached to the application and must report himself/herself to the principal immediately after resuming attendance.
- In case of Science Student the term or terms shall not be deemed as kept and shall not be granted unless the student produces at the end of term his/her laboratory journals in his/her Science Departments and whenever tutorials are prescribed a certificate each from the respective Head of Department stating that the student has completed the Tutorials Course in the respective subject. Laboratory journals are to be purchased from the College only.
- In case of Commerce Student the term or terms shall not be deemed as kept and shall not be granted unless the student produces at the end of term certificate each from the Heads of the respective department stating that the students has completed the prescribed Tutorial Course.
- Students must not possess any bags or material advertising Private Tuition Classes on College campus.
- The conduct of students in the classes as well as in the premises of the college shall be such as will cause no disturbance to fellow-students or to other classes.
- Student must not loiter in the college premises while the classes are at work.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on the College campus.
- No Society or association shall be formed in the college and no person invited to address a meeting without the Principal’s prior permission.
- No student shall collect any money as contribution for picnic, trip and educational visit to some place, get-together, study notes, charity or any other purposes without the prior sanction of Principal.
- Students are expected to take proper care of college property and to help in keeping the premises neat and tidy. Causing damage to the property of college i.e. disfiguring walls, doors, fittings or breaking furniture, etc. is a breach of discipline and will be duly punished use of plastic bags is prohibited.
- A student applying for certificates, testimonials, etc. and those requiring Principal’s signature on any kind of document or application should first contact the office superintendent of the College. No papers should be bought by students directly to the Principal for signature.
- If for any reason, the continuance of a student in the college is in the opinion of the Principal, detrimental to the best interest of the college, the Principal may ask such a student to leave the college without giving any reason.
- Students joining the college would have to automatically accept and observe all the rules and regulations of the college. They will undertake to submit to the normal enforcement of the same to the satisfaction of the Principal whose decision in this regard shall be final.
Matters not covered by the existing rules will rest at the absolute discretion of the principal.
Features and Facilities
The College will conduct the first year and second year B.A., B.Sc. and B.Com. Semester examinations on behalf of the University. As per the University Ordinance No.0.119 students who do not keep 75% attendance for lectures, tutorials and practical’s and who do not show satisfactory performance in both the internal and other periodic tests examination will not be allowed to appear for the Annual examination conducted by the college on behalf of the University.
The existing ordinances 229-A/229-B and 0.5042,0.5043,0.5044,0.5045 relating to the award of grace marks at a University examination will be made applicable to examinations in the sequence as stated. The University of Mumbai has resolved to introduce the Grade point and Semester System from the Academic year 2011-12 for graduation in Arts, Science and Commerce faculties.
▪ National Service Scheme (NSS)
The N.S.S. activity as initiated by the Ministry of Education to inculcate the spirit of social service in the young boys and girls has been introduced in this college from 1987. It provides ample opportunities to boys and girls to participate in the emancipation of the poor and needy section of the Society. A high sense of dignity of labour is learnt when students take part in the rural construction work or lay up a road as a part of the programme started by the N.S.S. The annual camp is also conducted for the students in nearby areas. 10 grace Marks are given to those students who are involved in NSS as per the prescribed norms.
The College provides opportunities to the students who are genuinely interested in different sports & athletics activities. The College encourages the students to participate in games, sports and athletics skills. The College conducts tournaments of indoor and outdoor games. The students can also represent the college in various intercollegiate sports events.
- Group Insurance Scheme:
“Yuva Suraksha” Group Insurance Scheme has been introduced by the College and University of Mumbai for all the students. The National Insurance CO. Ltd (Govt. Undertaking) is a recognized agency for this scheme. This Scheme is compulsory for all the student of our College.
- T. Or Railway Concession:
S.T./Railway Concession facility is available to the students for to and fro journey from their residence to college. Concession forms are available in the ST./Rly Office. On submission of the request, duly completed well in advance, the concession form will be endorsed by the college authorities.
Student can get a continuation for the S.T. concession pass after submitting the previous concession within stipulated period to the S.T. authorities. Students are not required to submit concession forms afresh for such continuation.
Railway concession facility for visit to native place during vacation is available to students. The native place entered in the admission form will be taken as basis for this purpose.
- Student’s Council:
As per the Maharashtra University Act 1994, the Students Council is constituted every year under the instruction form University of Mumbai. Students Council constituted during the previous year remains in force till the next council is formed. The Secretary of the Students Council and its members are supposed to help in organization and arrangements of various cultural, technical and sports activities throughout the year. Students Council organizes guest lectures and other activities for the empowerment of the students. Student council is also responsible for maintaining discipline on college campus.
- College Gymkhana:
The Incharge of the Sports activities arranges for the selection of the college teams for inter collegiate competitions in various group events. The selected team should practice collectively without disturbing their academic schedule. Those selected students who do not participate in daily practice sessions are removed from the team and other interested students given a chance. Students are encouraged to participate in the group and individual events organized by University of Mumbai or by other colleges & authorized by University.
Institute has well equipped library with following features:
- “Student book Bank Scheme” is available in the library.
- OPAC Service is available in our library for students and staff.
- “LIBRARY SMART CARD” facility is available in the library.
- Under this Scheme ranker student (1st, 2nd, 3rd) can borrow at a time 4 books for 15 days.
- Number of Titles: 5061, Number of Volumes: 24848, National Journals: 63, International Journals: 28
- Total Library Area: 1114.8 Sq. M, Total Reading Space: 169.548 Sq. M
- Multimedia PC & Digital Library Facilities: 25 PC Available.